Friday 8 April 2011

Hiding Treasure:What I am Doing This Weekend

Like many people, we love to walk at the weekend. We  live in the most beautiful part of the UK - North Wales (although I know you may challenge me on that) and I am very excited that I can lead people to some of my favourite places locally and raise money for Samaritan's Purse's water projects.


Beautiful North Wales - I may hide some treasure here..
I am going to hide Turn on the Tap treasures near to our favourite walks, parks and beauty spots (I might even hide one in my front garden) and register directions to find it on our website http://www.turnonthetap.org.uk/hide-treasure. In June folk can get directions to find the treasure in return for a donation to Turn on the Tap. When they find the treasure they sign the log sheet but leave the treasure there for the next group to find. Simple! For it to work properly we need hundreds of treasures hidden across the UK so we do need you to take part over the next few weeks. Please ask friends, relatives and colleagues to do likewise and hide a treasure in their favourite place - they don't even have to make a donation to Turn on the Tap.


To make the treasure, you get a small plastic box (I am using those plastic boxes that take-aways come in these days) and put in a water related small 'treasure' and the log sheet from the website. Then mark the front Turn on the Tap treasure and its ready to hide. All the instructions are on our updated Turn on the Tap website. 


Incidentally, I have been racking my brains about what I can put in my treasure box - so I have sent my dear old Mum to town today to see what she can find. I told her it has to be water related, of little or no monetary value and small enough to fit in that box.  Will let you know what she finds! I also thought I might add a little water poem for folk to read when they find my treasure. I remembered this one from when my children were small from Spike Milligan:


There are holes up in the sky
Where the rain comes in
But the holes are only small
That's why the rain is thin

Happy hiding everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Dartmoor Letterboxes are like that -- You search for a tin box and hidden inside the box is a stamp and a stamp pad and you collect the stamps all over the moor. Good Luck with such a wonderfil idea
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete